Well, I did it. I failed.
Saturday, the 12th, was Dewey’s 24 Hour Readathon, and from 7AM Central to the same time the next day, and I only read a total of 60 pages. I am ashamed.
This was my first time participating, and there were a number of things I didn’t really factor in to the equation when I signed up. In fact, every one of these things contributes to how absent I’ve been on this blog lately.
- I’ve spent the last week and a half helping my sister move. While that doesn’t encompass all my spare time, it has taken up a fair chunk of it, and for anyone who’s ever moved or help someone else move… you know how that can wear you out!
- I’m planning a trip to Oregon in November. This trip came completely out of nowhere, and while I’m thrilled for the opportunity to see the friends I visited in June, we only came to the decision that this trip was a possibility a few days ago, giving me just over a month to prepare!
- I’m planning a trip to Florida in January. I know. Much farther off. But it’s a road trip to The Wizarding World of Harry Potter for its “A Celebration of Harry Potter” event, guys, and I am excited.
- I’m trying to pursue a healthier lifestyle. Lately, when I could have had the time to reach for a book, I’ve been exercising instead. It’s a healthy pursuit, but it does mean that I’ve had less time to dedicate to reading. I need to find a way to balance my workouts and my reading/blogging life. Or I could just start listening to audiobooks while I work out…
- I’m burned out. It’s not a real excuse, I know. I’ve been blogging here on CC for just two months, and book blogging only since May. But when I’m passionate about something, I have a tendency to go overboard. I mean, I made a blog planner with a detailed post calendar spanning through January. It’s only October! I think I need to slow down, maybe plan on not posting every single day of the week, and treat this blog like what it should be–fun.
I hope that slowing down a little bit on my posts and really taking the time to concentrate on reading and creating content that I enjoy and I think my readers will enjoy will help get out of this slump.
There are a few books I’m reading right now that I’m really enjoying, and I recently received a whopping eight books as part of a book swap that I’m dying to dig into! I can’t wait to share them with you guys–and get involved in the blogosphere again and see what you all have been reading!
As for the Readathon… I’ll definitely be trying again next time. I wish I hadn’t wasted what seems like such a fun opportunity!
What do you do when you hit a reading/blogging slump?