In Loving Memory of My Mom, Kathy

My beautiful, amazing fighter of a mom passed away on Wednesday night.

To anyone who saw my post last Sunday, you’ll know that this was completely unexpected by my family. She seemed to finally be in a place where she was doing better. We were so certain that she would be coming home to us soon. It was so sudden, and she was so young. My heart hurts and I miss her more than words can say.

Mom NY

I find comfort, though, in the fact that she’s no longer suffering, and I am so grateful for that. She’s in a far better place than we are, and someday we’ll be together again. As a friend beautifully put it, “she dances with angels now.”

I miss you, Mom. I miss your smile. I miss your laugh. I miss the drives we took together. I miss your willingness to go along with all my crazy plans. I miss the way you brightened up a room with your silly antics. I miss the love you had for us.

I could go on and on and never really say enough. I know that not many people who read this blog knew my mom, but please give your own mom a big hug and tell her you love her. For me.

6 Comments

• Reply acps927 March 3, 2014 at 8:48 AM

I’m so sorry for your loss. I pray that your family will have peace at this time. It is at least a small comfort when you know your loved one is no longer suffering.
    acps927 recently posted…We Meet Again, AudiobooksMy Profile

• Samantha Claire
      Reply Samantha Claire March 4, 2014 at 10:50 AM

Thank you, Amy. <3 Your prayer is much appreciated.

• Reply Kelley (Oh, the Books!) March 3, 2014 at 12:51 PM

Oh, Sam, I’m so sorry to hear this! My heart goes out to you and your family. :( It sucks that this happened at a time when it was so unexpected, but at least you can take comfort in the fact that she wasn’t really suffering, you know? My mom has had struggles with cancer over the years, but we’ve been fortunate that she’s still with us now. And even with that, I can’t imagine how you must be feeling (maybe it’s denial or something). I’m sending you hugs and positive energy.
    Kelley (Oh, the Books!) recently posted…Grand Opening | Kelley’s StoryMy Profile

• Samantha Claire
      Reply Samantha Claire March 4, 2014 at 10:57 AM

Thank you, Kelley. <3 My mom struggled with (though ultimately overcame; her recent illness was due to her diabetes and kidney failure) cancer for a long time, too, so I can relate. To be honest, I think I’m in a bit of denial. I know she’s in a better place, but it’s so hard to believe (or accept, rather) that I’ll never see her face or hear her voice again.

• Reply Lesley Marie June 2, 2014 at 11:20 AM

I am so sorry that this happened! But yes, the wonderful, wonderful person who was your mom is dancing with the angels now, and though you miss her now, you will be together again. My heart and thoughts go out to you and your family!

• Samantha Claire